People are using whiteboards for many purposes such as teaching, learning processes, brainstorming, draw mind maps etc. This is digital age. So you might face some problems with traditional whiteboard. What if you want to share what you just drew with a friend? What if you want someone else, who is in another location, to contribute to what you are drawing?
For the first question, you may take a picture of what you drew with your Smartphone and email it. But it’s not a polished solution. Still you have no answer to the second question.
There is an online tool which could solve all these problems through an online application. It’s truly an online whiteboard. You can share what you drew and allow collaborative editing as well. Let’s go and take a closer look.
Getting Started with “A Web Whiteboard” (AWW)
- Go to AWWApp.Com and click on start drawing.
- It will take you to Web Whiteboard.
- In the left hand side you can find tool box.
- There you have few simple options such as colors, pencils and text.
- Pick a color, pencil and simply start drawing and adding text.
- If something goes wrong you have an eraser as well.
- You can find clear all option in menu.
- Once you are done with the drawing you can save it as an image or post link in social media. You have all those options in menu.
How to Enable Collaborative Editing in Web Whiteboard?
- This is one of my favorite features here. Go to menu and click on invite.
- It will show you a URL. Send it to the person who you want to draw with.
- All he has to do it is open the link in browser. It will give him the same Web Whiteboard interface.
- It’s simple. What you are drawing will be reflected in your friend’s white board as well as the other way round. It’s like you both are using the same white board.
- Hardware: Intel Core i5 2nd Gen // 4GB DDR2
- OS: Windows 7 Home Premium // 64 Bit
- Browser: Google Chrome Version 23.0.1271.91 m
This is an amazingly simple solution and gives you the most required, yet minimum options. So learning curve is much lesser than other online collaborative editing tools. No installation required. All you have to do is open your browser and start drawing. This app works great with tablets, than in desktop browser. There you can use touch controllers to draw which is much easier than mouse.
This app is optimized as a Rich Internet Application too. So transform this web app in to a desktop app with chrome application shortcuts. Then you will be able to enjoy an even better experience with Web Whiteboard.
Try this great online tool and let me know what you feel about this as a comment below.